To be eligible for membership in IATSE local 705 you must:
- Be a resident of the United States, Canada, or anywhere the alliance exercises jurisdiction for 18 months.
- Be an employee on a project in the jurisdiction of the IATSE, capable of obtaining employment with sufficient experience and ability in their craft.
- Be of good character and reputation.
- Be of legal age to work.
- Obtain 30 days on a Union project or with a Union signatory company and submit days to Contract Services.
- Fill out an application supplied by the Local.
- Pay the appropriate fee.
- Be interviewed by the membership committee.
- Attend an interview and orientation.
- Have your name published in our newsletter,The Costumer, and approved by the membership via the Membership Committee minutes.
- Take the Oath of Obligation.
Ways to get the 30 days needed to become a Union member:
- Signatory Costume House whether Finished or Custom Made Costumer.
- A project you are working on is organized by the IATSE (otherwise known as a flip).
- In Commercials.
- In New Media.
- In Live Television.